5 Secrets You Need to Know About A Successful Yoga Career
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
The success of your yoga career depends on a lot of factors. For example, how much experience do you have in the practice, what certifications you have, and whether you have the confidence to teach students or not.
But one of the biggest factors that influence your yoga career, especially if you are intending to teach in the United States, is having a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training or 300/500 Yoga Teacher Training certifications under your name.
Teaching yoga is a challenging career path. There are a lot of business secrets that you may not know. Our tailor-made 200 RYT course covers a lot of these secrets. But to give you an idea, we have listed down just some of the secrets of a successful yoga career from our teachers.
- When people think of yoga, they think of yoga retreats, workshops, on-demand classes, and conferences. As a teacher and owner of a yoga studio, you should aim to provide variety through your studio.
There are so many things you can offer to your students that may catch their interest. The ideal yoga studio is one that offers all kinds of training and different types of classes. But offering these services also means that you may need continuing education.
- For example, you can easily increase the number of people interested in your yoga studio by introducing special yoga classes for seniors, kids, or teens. But that also means you’ll need to complete a couple of continuing education courses such as the senior yoga certification. All of the continuing education courses are available from us both in-studio and online.
Hone Your Practice
- Above all else, you need to make sure that you are in shape and ready to teach yoga to students. You can only do so by being yourself on the mat a lot of times. You have to make sure that you regularly practice yoga in your free time and never neglect any self-study.
Moreover, increase your knowledge by taking part in advance yoga certifications such as 500 yoga teacher training programs or many of the continuing education courses available.
Market Your Business
- A yoga business is no different from any other kind of business. Before you open your studio, make sure to invest some money in marketing. This is also important for yoga instructors who plan to open a yoga studio in urban areas where the competition is already quite dense.
The best way to beat your competition is to market what you offer. Give your students better pricing options and schedule freedom. Or you can even market your personal skills or the skills of your yoga instructors in your marketing strategy.
- People are more likely to join a yoga class if they know they will be taught by a professional yoga instructor holding a 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate. Moreover, get your yoga school registered with the Yoga Alliance USA and get yourself a Registered Yoga School badge which aims to show people that you follow the standards set for yoga practice throughout the world.
Make Sure Everything is Legal
- The business of yoga is very tough especially because there are injuries involved. Make sure to offer a contract and a terms and conditions contract to your students in order to protect yourself and your studio.
Any time an injury occurs in your studio, if you have such contracts in place, it will protect you from yoga insurance companies that a lot of people have these days. You can even read the rights of yoga instructors and yoga studios on the Yoga Alliance website.
- If any of the things do not interest you, make sure to negotiate before having the contracts signed.
- Being a Yoga instructor, you will learn to balance personal, professional and spiritual life. Just like that, make sure your business is also balanced. Don’t always treat your yoga studio as a means to make money only.
Sometimes it is better to offer good discounts and packages to just bring in more students and turn them into loyal customers. Treat them as if they are human beings and not your customers only. If you can master this aspect, your studio will be flooded with people.
The business of yoga is not an easy one. There are a lot of things that go into making a studio successful. If you are not finding the success you hoped from your yoga teaching career, join a 200-hour yoga teacher training course.
At Wild Abundant Life, our 200/300/500 yoga teacher training courses have sections entirely dedicated to the business of yoga. You’ll learn things that will help you build a successful career in yoga.